Summit Fire & EMS and Red, White & Blue Fire (Breckenridge & Blue River) and the towns within Summit County as well as Summit County itself have adopted the 2018 International Fire Code with amendments.
Additional codes and policies:
- Current edition of: NFPA 13, 13R, 13D (building fire sprinklers)
- Current edition of: NFPA 72 (fire alarms)
- Summit Fire & EMS Life Safety Policy
Permits can be applied for by clicking the "Apply for Permit" box above. Permit fees are due at time of application by electronic check or credit card. Email SFE at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions.
A fire-department permit is required for all:
- Tenant Finishes/Remodels
- New Construction (including commercial buildings and residential buildings with three or more attached dwelling units)
- Life Safety Systems
- Other permits required by the currently adopted fire code as amended
When work has been started without the receipt of a permit, the permit fee will be doubled.
All Summit Fire & EMS permits shall be maintained on the site of permitted work; this can be done electronically.