Refer to our list of local/regional businesses that may be able to assist you in obtaining items needed for compliance with your inspections.
- The Summit Fire & EMS inspection-request line at (970) 262-5215, must be called at least 48 hours in advance for an official inspection request. Any other informal requests may not be honored.
- Each permitted contractor must request inspections of that contractor’s specific work.
- Fire sprinkler and alarm final inspections shall be coordinated and scheduled for the same time.
- Any incomplete inspections will be subject to a reinspection fee.
- Cancellation of scheduled inspections within 24 hours may be subject to a reinspection fee.
- Any contractor requesting an inspection must provide the necessary testing supplies.
- No work shall be performed without an approved set of plans.
- All fire-system piping and wiring must be visible for a proper inspection.
- Certification letters are required before any system receives final approval.
- Application requirements include one printed set of drawings of appropriate size ("C" size, 24 inches by 36 inches preferred) and one digital copy, submitted as a .pdf file on a thumb drive or via e-mail.
- Minimum acceptable scale is 1/8 inch to the foot.
- Name, complete address, and telephone number of owner representative and installing contractor shall be furnished with drawings.
- Name, physical and mailing address of project shall be furnished with drawings.
- Contractor’s license classification and number shall be stamped on drawings.
- Equipment data sheets for each device must be submitted with applicable information highlighted.
- All symbols should adhere to NFPA 170.
- Ceiling heights and ceiling detail shall be shown.
- Square footage shall be shown.
- Any missing or inaccurate information may lead to the rejection of the plans and a resubmittal fee may be charged.